(I did not want to wait until it was too late to unearth myself from a permanent position underneath the bed covers)
At the waiting room, as I was surrounded by people curled up on the chairs and benches, I took a few moments to be thankful that I was in better mental shape.
It has come as a great relief to me that there is a name for what I have been battling for quite some time now.
PMDD. (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder)
Women with PMDD complain of irritability, anger, tension, marked depressed mood, and mood lability (crying spells for no reason, verbal outbursts, or tantrums ) to such a severity that quality of life is seriously compromised. In addition to these symptoms, some women complain of lethargy, sleep disturbance, limited concentration and a host of physical symptoms such as breast tenderness, headaches, joint and muscle pain, bloating and weight gain.
The primary symptoms that distinguish premenstrual dysphoric disorder from other mood disorders (i.e., major depression) or menstrual conditions is the onset and duration of PMDD symptoms -- with symptoms appearing during the week or so before and disappearing within a few days after the onset of menses -- and the level by which these symptoms disrupt daily living tasks. (This diminished level of functioning is generally in great contrast with the same woman's interactions and abilities at other times during the month.)
The symptoms of PMDD may resemble other conditions or medical problems, such as a thyroid condition, depression, or an anxiety disorder. Consult a physician for diagnosis.
This is good. This is nothing Lexapro can't take care of.